Pages

Wednesday 17 June 2020

Writing Letters


What we have done in Te Ngahere is write letters to the elderly in rest homes that we not allowed visitors because of Corona Virus. We wanted to make them happy by writing a letter so they feel like they are not alone. I really enjoyed writing my letter because I like to see people happy and giving a smile to someone. I hope that the receiver of my letter is happy and joyful. Thank you to Red Cross they were actually the first person that came up with idea and It makes me happy that they did. What I did well is I thought about what I can write to relate to them at this moment of time. What I could do better is put myself in there shoes and think more about what they must feel like. Do you have grandparents?
Kia Ora friend

My name is Jorjah and I am one of the students at Paihia School. I live with my family in the  amazing Bay Of Islands. I have 6 siblings and I also have 2 dogs. Do you like animals?

I enjoyed being in lockdown and being able to watch movies when I wanted to. But I really did miss my friends. I enjoyed that I got more free time to calm myself in quiet  and have my own time to do things.

I recently learned how to convert fractions into decimals. I Also learnt different techniques in art and about different blendings. The color wheel and different patterns to make a Poupou. Do you like maths or art? 

I know during this time that it must be really hard to not have company from your family/friends but I know that it will get better as this pandemic calms down. I do have some encouraging words that I hope will comfort you during this time. During this time I don’t know how lonely you must feel but I guarantee that you probably have some goals you might have at this moment. Even though you might not be with your family they will always be in your heart. I really like to see the receiver of this letter happy, so be happy with everything positive that happened through this time. I have Kuia and Kaumatua myself and I was not allowed to see them and it broke my heart so I'm writing this out of joy and happiness to make a special someone happy.

I hope you feel better once you have this letter. I like that I got the chance to write this letter to you. Hope this makes your day. I like that we get to put a smile on someone's face. Thank you for taking time to read this letter. 

Your sincerely
Jorjah

No comments:

Post a Comment