Pages

Wednesday 11 August 2021

We Are Hope

 


Kia Ora,  in Te Ngahere we had a very special guest come to our classroom from I Am Hope his name is Tai , If you don’t know what I Am Hope is it is a foundation that supports New Zealand with mental health. Mental health is important because as Tai said to us it gives you two voices a voice called an inner critic and voice of reason. Tai explained that the inner critic  voice is the voice that tells you that you can’t do something and that you don’t have purpose in this life. A voice of reason is the the voice that is telling you to keep going and to keep achieving  our goals and that you do have a purpose in this life. He shared his story with us and about his upbringing, it was very emotional because I could relate to some of his backstory. He has a big heart going around to different school to share his story because I think that a lot of children nowadays are going through many things with the society changing and there is social media. I want to thank Tai for coming to share his message around Aotearoa and I want to say that everyone has their ups and downs but tell your friends how much you love them ask them if they are okay. Be someone else's hope. Has I Am Hope ever came to your kura before?


No comments:

Post a Comment