Pages

Wednesday 5 May 2021

Fantastic Wood Works


Kia Ora, this week in Te Ngahere the year 7 and 8’s traveled to Moerewa School for technology.

The year 7’s attended cooking class and the year 8’s attended wood works. In wood works we were starting our projects of making a waka. If you don’t know what a waka is it is a Maori traditional canoe. On the sides including having  many Maori designs and different aspects on the waka. We all got instructions from woodwork teacher Mr E. I like being in Mr E’s class because he is very patient and likes us to be hands on when we are in his class. He gives us a set of instructions but instead of him writing them down he gave us a demonstration. He showed us the techniques and measurements we would have to use when making our waka’s. He also went over the safety rules, safety rules are there to decrease the chances of us getting hurt or harmed when in his class. What I did well was listened and tried my best to get the measurements right. What I could do better is build up the courage to cut my art out. What is your best project you have made before?



1 comment:

  1. Hi Jorjah it’s Breeze, I enjoyed reading your blog about wood works because I enjoyed being there with you and making our waka together. Your blogpost was a very quality blog post and had very detailed and interesting words that explain what we did. I liked how you explained what we did and how we did it. What was your favorite part of technology?


    ReplyDelete